Raiding the larder of ideas.

What one family eats, plans to eat, dreams of eating. Plus, other food and kitchen-related stuff from the home of steak-and-potatoes, pie and fresh green beans from the garden.

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

More cookbook adventure

I've posted the note pages for this cookbook already, but wanted to point out there are other pleasures to be found, when one looks for the most-often consulted pages… some of these look criminally delicious, if you can figure out things like oven temperature, cooking time, and the difference between a glassful and a coffee cupful…



 
 
 
 
 
"Indian meal" = corn meal. Who knew?
 
 
 
 



I suspect the English Currant Pie could use any dried fruit, though
 
 
Squash and sweet potato pies… because the holidays are approaching
 
 
 
Orange pie, for me...
 
 
Monmouth, Ill. I wonder if I know any relatives of this cook?
 





























 

No comments:

Post a Comment