Raiding the larder of ideas.

What one family eats, plans to eat, dreams of eating. Plus, other food and kitchen-related stuff from the home of steak-and-potatoes, pie and fresh green beans from the garden.

Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Another cookbook from the collection: CAKE SECRETS, from Swan's Down flour

 Here's another booklet I picked up at auction sometime in the past 20 years or so. It's copyrighted 1928, so hasn't quite reached the century mark (so not yet in public domain), but since I always worry about damage from critters, weather, and such like, I'm posting its contents for posterity… and because I like to show off the cool stuff I've managed to get my hot little hands on. 

As usual, feel free to copy, download, and otherwise enjoy these pages, and click on any image to embiggen.






























I'd like to add, this fell out of the booklet when I was getting ready to scan. No idea how long it had been in there, between pages 2 & 3… I had to convert it to grayscale for legibility. 































1 comment: